On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Shuja Rehman <shujamug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stack,
> I am reading the documentation from the following link
> http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/index.html
>
> <http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/index.html>and in Example API
> Usage
> they just declare the
>
> HBaseConfiguration config = new HBaseConfiguration();
>
> but did not tell how to connect to remote server. can u put some line
> of code which should use to connect to remote server??
>
> Secondly, I am using Cloudera latest release of Hbase, Yes the first
> line is warning but the next line is exception about zoo keeper.

Sounds like you are reading the documentation for 0.20.6 but using the
0.89.x that is bundled with CDH? If so, the two are not aligned.  You
probably need this:
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100726/apidocs/overview-summary.html#overview_description

For how to connect to remote server, you specify zookeeper ensemble.
If you are running standalone, it'll find the in-process zookeeper
instance w/o configuration.  Otherwise you are into pseudo-distributed
or distributed modes both of which are covered in the cited URL -- see
where zookeeper ensemble is specified.

St.Ack