When I entered the row key, it did nothing. Even the logs weren't helpful.
 When I typed arbitrary "asdf" as region row it started splitting.

To clarify, my question was what is defined as a "region row", is it the
first key of the region? the last key? any key in the region? or a combo of
table name +region ?

Viv