Thanks a lot for your answer, Amandeep.

On 05/24/2012 02:55 PM, Amandeep Khurana wrote:
Marcos,

You could to a distcp from S3 to HDFS and then do a bulk import into HBase.
The quantity of files are very large, so, we want to combine some files, and then construct
the HFile to upload to HBase.
Any example of a custom FileMerger for it?

Are you running HBase on EC2 or on your own hardware?
We have created a small HBase in our own hardware, but we want to build another cluster on top of Amazon EC2. This
could be very good for the integration between S3 and the HBase cluster.

Regards

-Amandeep