On 05/24/2012 04:47 PM, Amandeep Khurana wrote:
Thanks for that description. I'm not entirely sure why you want to use HBase here. You've got logs coming that you want to process in batch to do calculations on. This can be done by running MR jobs on the flat files itself. You could use Java MR, Hive or Pig to accomplish this. Why do you want HBase here?
Tha main reason to use HBase is for the quantity of rows involved in the process. It could provide a efficient and "quick" way to store all this.
Hive can be an option too.

I will discuss all this again with the dev team.
Thanks a lot for your answers.

-ak