Here is the thing. We have backported DLR(HBASE-7006) to our 0.94 clusters  in
production environment(of course a lot of bugs are fixed and it is working
well). It is was proven to be a huge gain. When a large cluster crash down, the
MTTR improved from several hours to less than a hour. Now, we want to move on
to HBase1.x, and still we want DLR. This time, we don't want to backport the
'backported' DLR to HBase1.x, but it seems like that the community have
determined to remove DLR...

The DLR feature is proven useful in our production environment, so I think I
will try to fix its issues in branch-1.x