Thanks everyone for the feedback/comments, glad this data means something
and have drawn your interesting. Let me answer the questions (and sorry for
the lag)

For the backport patches, ours are based on a customized 1.1.2 version and
cannot apply directly for any 1.x branches. It would be easy for us to
upload existing patches somewhere but obviously not that useful... so maybe
we still should get them in branch-1 and officially support read-path
offheap in future 1.x release? Let me create one JIRA about this and let's
discuss in the JIRA system. And to be very clear, it's a big YES to share
our patches with all rather than only numbers, just which way is better
(smile).

And answers for @Stephen Boesch:

bq. In any case the data is marked as 9/25/16 not 11/11/16
It's specially noted that the data on 9/25 are from our online A/B test
cluster, and not showing fully online data because we published offheap
together with NettyRpcServer for online thus no standalone comparison data
for offheap. Please check my original email more carefully (smile).

bq. Repeating my earlier question:  20*Meg* queries per second??  Just
checked and *google* does 40*K* queries per second.
As you already noticed, the 20M QPS is number from A/B testing cluster (450
nodes), and there're much more on 11/11 online cluster (1600+ nodes).
Please note that this is NOT some cluster directly serves queries from end
user, but serving the index building and online machine learning system.
Refer to our talk on hbasecon2016 (slides
<http://www.slideshare.net/HBaseCon/improvements-to-apache-hbase-and-its-applications-in-alibaba-search>
/recording
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVGDd2JeIMg&list=PLe-h9HrA9qfDVOeNh1l_T5HvwvkO9raWy&index=10>)
for more details, if you're interested. And different from google, there's
an obvious "hot spot" for us, so I don't think the QPS of these two
different systems are comparable.

bq. So maybe please check your numbers again.
The numbers are got from online monitoring system and all real not fake, so
no need to check. Maybe just need some more time to take and understand?
(smile)

Best Regards,
Yu