Hi
I'm seeking some pointers/guidance on what we could do to insert billions of
records that we already have in avro files in hadoop into HBase.

I read some articles online and one of them recommended using HFile format. I
took a cursory look at the documentation for that. Given the complexity of that
I think that may be the last resort we want to pursue. Unless some library is
out there that easily helps us write our files into that format. I didn't see
any.
Assuming that the Hbase native client may be our best bet, is there any advice
around pre-paritioning our records or such techniques that we could use?
thanks

Jeff