this works for me:
In hive-site.xml:
  1. hive.server2.session.check.interva=3000;
  2. hive.server2.idle.operation.timeou=-30000;
restart HiveServer2.

at beeline, I do "analyze table X compute statistics for columns", which
takes longer than 30s. it was aborted by HS2 because of above settings. I
guess it didn't work for you because you didn't have #1.

--Xuefu