I run beeline with connection string as “jdbc:hive2://…;
principal=hive/_h...@realm.com<mailto:principal=hive/_h...@realm.com>”, meaning
that the principle is “hive” instead of myself. I understand that when the
actual job is launched, it finds the real user from Kerberos tickets, which is

However, I have some code running as stats.publishers, (set
hive.client.stats.publishers=xxx), and the code was executed as “hive” instead
of as myself. And it is not desired.

Anyone knows how to set the connection string so that I can go in as myself, or
somehow running the publisher as myself?

Access the Q2 2016 Digital Marketing Report for a fresh set of trends and
benchmarks in digital

Download our latest report titled “The Case for Change: Exploring the Myths of
Customer-Centric Transformation”

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the
intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this email
without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize the risk
of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus
checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any
loss or damage caused by software viruses. The information contained in this
communication may be confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client