Hi,

To use hive metastore service, I must set `javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL`,
`javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName` and `hive.metastore.uris` in
hive-site.xml, like this:

  <property>

    <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://xxxxx/hivemeta?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8</value>

  </property>

  <property>

    <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>

    <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>

  </property>

<property>

    <name>hive.metastore.uris</name>

    <value>thrift://xxx:9083</value>

  </property>

I'm confused that can I change the database name (usually it's `hivemeta`) for
other names?

If I changed the database name from `hivemeta` to `my_hivemeta`, can hive
metastore work? We can not specify database name in `hive.metastore.uris`, we
can only specify hostname and port of metastore service.