I am not familiar with MySQL. However, as long as login/user used in
Hive-site.xml is bound to given Hive database (metastore) on RDBMS it
should work.

In general you can have multiple databases/schema for multiple instances of
Hive each having its own metadata on the data server.

In Sybase or MSSQL you specify that in JDBC connection via

jdbc:sybase:Tds:rhes564:5200/hivedb1

assuming username hiveuser and you ensure that hievuser is the database
owner ofg hivedb1 or jhas its default database as hivedb1

In oracle the username maps to schema name. So hiveuser will own a database
called

jdbc:oracle:thin:@rhes564:1521:mydb12

within that Oracle instance mydb12, you will have schema called hiveuser
and the login either maps to that schema or has permissions on that schema.

It is pretty straight forward.

BTW in your diagram your metastores should reside inside your MySQL

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com