What exactly do you mean by compaction?  Hive has a compactor that runs over
ACID tables to handle the delta files[1], but I’m guessing you don’t mean that.
 Are you wanting to concatenate files in existing tables?  The usual way to do
that is alter table concatenate[2].  Or do you mean something else?

Alan.

1. see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+Transactions#HiveTransactions-Compactor
2. see