Hi Allan,

Good Morning

Thanks for your reply.

We have lots of external tables with parquet and gzip format.
Data will be pushed to those tables on regular interval with volume close
to 10-20GB/per day.
Our concern is that this process will generate lots of small files in the
tables. We are searching out a way to merge or concatenate these files so
that the number of files present in each month partition should be less.

Let me know your view point on what could be the best way forward to
achieve this without compromising the table performance.

One quick question, concatenation only works on orc/rc format or is it
applicable to parquet as well.

Thanks again for your comments.

Best,
Nishant