Hello,

I'm new to hive and had been porting some Redshift SQL to Hive. Today I ran
across a table that uses update.

After a somewhat time consuming translation process I was able to load the
create table definition. However the update part returned an error about
update not supported on non-acid table.

Then I read some documentation, added bucketing to the table definition,
added beeline xml file, etc. Then I launch the create table script like

`beeline --hiveconf hive.support.concurrency=true
hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode=nonstrict
hive.txn.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.DbTxnManager -f
./events.sql`

beeline executes part of the SQL file but then provides no more output.

To figure out what was going on I tried to query the table

beeline -hiveconf hive.support.concurrency=true
hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode=nonstrict
hive.txn.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.DbTxnManager -e "Select
* from analytics.events limit 10;"
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://REDACTED
REDACTED
Connected to: Apache Hive (version 2.3.2-amzn-0)
Driver: Hive JDBC (version 2.3.2-amzn-0)
Transaction isolation: TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ
Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException [Error
10265]: This command is not allowed on an ACID table
analytics_user_vws.liveramp_events with a non-ACID transaction manager.
Failed command: Select * from analytics_user_vws.liveramp_events limit 10
(state=42000,code=10265)
Closing: 0: jdbc:hive2://

Why am I not getting that error from creating the table? ( and no INFO from
beeline)

Also can somebody help me figure out what I need to do to be able to create
the ACID table?

Thanks