Hi Collin,

you need to set the table property “transactional” to true, this will mark the
table as ACID.

See also the example all the way at the bottom of this link.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+Transactions

For your error, the SELECT, maybe it is simply a copy-n-paste issue in your
mail, but your hiveconf parameter is missing a - ... it is beeline --hiveconf
..., not beeline -hiveconf ....

Regards,

Johannes

Sent from my iPhone