I tested the performance of Impala 2.12.0+cdh5.15.2+0 in Cloudera CDH
5.15.2 a while ago. I compared it with Hive 3.1.1 on MR3 (where MR3 is a
new execution engine for Hadoop and Kubernetes). You can find the result at:

https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/blog/2019/03/22/performance-evaluation-0.6/

On average, Hive on MR3 is about 30% faster than Hive on Tez on sequential
queries. For concurrent queries, the throughput of Hive on MR3 is about
three times higher than Hive on Tez (when tested with 16 concurrent
queries). You can find the result at:

https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/blog/2018/10/30/performance-evaluation-0.4/

--- Sungwoo Park