Hi,

>> However, we have built Tez on CDH and it runs just fine.

Down that path you'll also need to deploy a slightly newer version of Hive as
well, because Hive 1.1 is a bit ancient & has known bugs with the tez planner
code.

You effectively end up building the hortonworks/hive-release builds, by undoing
the non-htrace tracing impl & applying the htrace one back etc.

> Lol. I was hoping that the merger would unblock the "saltyness".

Historically, I've unofficially supported folks using Tez on CDH in prod
(assuming they buy me enough coffee), though I might have discontinue that.

https://github.com/t3rmin4t0r/tez-autobuild/blob/llap/vendor-repos.xml#L11

Cheers,
Gopal