We are not going to use starrocks.
mpp architecture databases have natural limitations, and starrocks does not
necessarily perform better than hive llap.

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Albert Wong<albert.w...@celerdata.com> |
| Date | 10/24/2023 01:39 |
| To | user@hive.apache.org |
| Cc | |
| Subject | Re: Hive's performance for querying the Iceberg table is very poor.

I would try http://starrocks.io.   StarRocks is an MPP OLAP database that can
query Apache Iceberg and we can cache the data for faster performance.  We also
have additional features like building materialized views that span across
Apache Iceberg, Apache Hudi and Apache Hive.   Here is a video of connecting
the 2 products through a webinar StarRocks did with Tabular (authors of Apache
Iceberg).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAmcTrX7hCI&t=10s