Incidentally, I'm using a COW table, so there is no DELETE_FILE.

在 2023-11-09 10:57:35,"Butao Zhang" <butaozha...@163.com> 写道:

Hi lisoda. You can check this ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-27347 which can use iceberg basic
stats to optimize count(*) query. Note: it didn't take effect if having delete
files.

Thanks,

Butao Zhang

---- Replied Message ----
| From | lisoda<lis...@yeah.net> |
| Date | 11/9/2023 10:43 |
| To | <user@hive.apache.org> |
| Subject | Re:Re: Re: Hive's performance for querying the Iceberg table is
very poor. |
HI.
I am testing with HIVE-4.0.0-BETA-1 version and I am using location_based_table.
So far I found that HIVE still can't push some queries down to METADATA, e.g.
COUNT(*).
Is HIVE 4.0.0-BETA-1 still not able to support query push down?

在 2023-10-24 17:41:20,"Ayush Saxena" <ayush...@gmail.com> 写道:

HIVE-27734 is in progress, as I see we have a POC attached to the ticket, we
should have it in 2-3 week I believe.

> Also, after the release of 4.0.0, will we be able to do all TPCDS queries on
> ICEBERG except for normal HIVE tables?

Yep, I believe most of the TPCDS queries would be supported even today on Hive
master, but 4.0.0 would have them running for sure.

-Ayush