Hi Val,

Thanks again for the response!

I guess the SpiQuery can help me part of the way potentially, but it
doesn't give me the control to manage internal memory structure,
replication, custom persistence etc.

The Hazelcast API I am referring to is described in chapter 24 of the
Hazelcast Manual (Extending Hazelcast - User Defined Services). This
API was added when they released Hazelcast 3.0. As part of this
release, they also rewrote all their internal data structures (e.g.
Map, Queue etc) to use this same API so that you can write a service
that can do anything their internal data structures can do.

thanks,
Gareth