This exception usually happens when a cluster, where a cache had been initially
deployed, was restarted without the cache recreation  and after a reconnection
to the cluster a client node tries to access the cache that is not longer
exists. This exception can be easily avoided if all the caches are defined in
server nodes configuration, that is used during startup, or if a client creates
a cache one more time after the reconnection.

BTW, what kind of IMDG did you switch to?

—
Denis