Hi,

Replicated cache has backups amount that equal to cluster nodes amount
minus one because this one is primary. Amount of nodes in cluster can be
changed during time so we use Integer.MAX_VALUE magic number for backups in
case of replicated cache. Amount of backups doesn't depend on cache memory
mode and you should not specify what node is primary and what is backup. It
is affinity function responsibility. If you will set backups parameter to
zero (or any other value) for replicated cache it will be ignored.

In fact, partitioned and replicated caches are implemented in the same way.
But there are some implementation details because our focus is high
performance.