IgniteContext does not create any executors, Spark does. And frankly I don't
know why you have so many, I was not able to reproduce it myself.

As for large number of tasks, only assumption I can make is that your cache
doesn't actually have any data, which forces Spark to scan ALL partitions to
find 5 elements, and default number of partitions is 1024. However, in this
case issue should've gone away when you decreased number of partitions.

May be you can provide a self contained project that can be ran to reproduce
the issue?

-Val