Subject: Re: copyOnRead to false
From: Evgenii Zhuravlev
To: user@ignite.apache.org
CC:

Hi,

I want to clarify about usage copyOnRead=False:
As far as I know, It should help in 1.x releases, with the default configuration, when entries stored in onheap and in 2.x releases, with _onHeapCacheEnabled_=true(it's not default). I think we should mention this in the documentation.

Also, it shouldn't affect behavior in 2.x without enabled on heap cache, so, It's not clear to me why you get performance degradation.

Evgenii

Hello,

thanks for the answer. The benchmark is actually our application stressed
with several volumes. Some quite complex to describe. However, for these
benchmarks we are only using one node.

Basically we are loading a set of caches from the database, do a lot of
querying both ScanQuery (on BinaryObjects) and SQLQueries.

Most of what we are doing is read only with lot of computations (at least we
segregated the caches that are r/w)

Based on what you described, I should witness an performance improvment.