I'm interested in using Ignite services as microservices and have seen Denis'
blog posts on the topic. In my case, I also have a requirement to perform
computations with data affinity. My idea is to call a node singleton service
locally from a distributed compute task.

The advantage of using the service is that it can spring-wire itself at
deployment time. A task may then result in the collaboration of a number of
local services to generate a result.

I have tried this and it seems to work well. My question is about updating
and versioning of services. In particular - is it possible to use the
DeploymentSpi with a specified classloader to deploy two different versions
of the same service - presumably registered with different service names? Or
is this designed only to work for tasks?

Regards,
Colin.