Hi summasumma,

> Means, i should have minimum 16 Gb of RAM (8 dataregion+ 8 directmem) for
> Ignite to run properly i guess.

Not quite. Actually, I am not aware that Ignite requires some special
tuning of MaxDirectMemorySize. If direct memory causes OOME then the
exception message usually points it out (e.g. "Direct buffer memory").
Check if it is your case.

Indeed you should be careful when configure DataRegion.maxSize because
OOME is a real problem and you will get it if put more data into
Ignite than specified limit. One should carefully plan how many data
is going to be stored into Ignite when in-memory mode is used. Also,
it is possible to use Ignite native persistence or configure swap to
overcome OOME [1]. Also page about capacity planning might be useful
here [2].

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/durable-memory
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/capacity-planning

пн, 24 дек. 2018 г. в 09:53, summasumma <bytestre...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks Ivan.
>
> This means having both configuration as follows:
> xml        --> <property name="maxSize" value="#{8L * 1024 * 1024 * 1024}"/>
> jvmption --> "-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=8g"
>
> Means, i should have minimum 16 Gb of RAM (8 dataregion+ 8 directmem) for
> Ignite to run properly i guess.
>
> In my current setup i have 16GB of total ram and given 12GB=maxSize
> Dataregion and jvmoption as '-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=8g'. And this is
> crashing Ignite with OOME after a while (though not immediatly) when i try
> to do a performance testing of Update operation. so this means either i
> should increase the RAM or decrease the XX:MaxDirectMemorySize to 4g ?
>
> Please clarify
>
> Thanks
> ...summa

Best regards,