> In my case, I have configured swap storage
> (https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/swap-space) but *not* Ignite durable
> memory. If DataRegion maxSize is say 100GB and my physical RAM is 50GB
> then
> the swap file will be 100GB but Ignite will also use some portion (<50GB)
> of
> the available physical RAM for off-heap cache data storage.

I assume by Durable Memory you mean Native Persistence. They're
(confusingly) different - Durable Memory is just the name of the Ignite's
memory architecture, not necessarily with Persistence enabled.

> My question is about how to limit the size of this portion while still
> allowing the DataRegion to specify a large swap file for use as overflow
> of
> less regularly accessed data.

I don't think it's possible. Just use Native Persistence instead - you'll
get the memory distribution that you want
(dataRegionConfiguration.maxSize=8gb will do the trick), and actual
persistence as a bonus.

Stan