What prevents you from deploying the application within the same K8
environment as a pod? If the thick client and the servers are within the
same network then you won't have any hurdles at all. That's the best
approach.

Otherwise, you need to a) expose K8 network if you want to connect from a
thick client deployed outside or b) use a thin client that supports only
SQL and key-value APIs at the moment.

-
Denis