Hi Tim,

My Goal is : queries that their actual memory per node exceeds more than
what i setup as a default max memory node to fail, despite i have a
different queries in the pool, in the same pool some business queries can
be simple as select count(*) and some others can have few joins.

And i think this is the right decision and such query should be optimized.

And also if i'm looking in my historical queries, i can know from the max
used memory per node which queries will fail, and i think this help me
alot, but i need any other query to queued if it asked actual memory lower
than what i setup as default max memory per node for a query.

Based on the above i'm looking for the parameters that i need to configure.

i don't mind how much time and how much queries will queued, in my case i
don't have any impala query that running beyond 4-5 minutes and 80% of
queries below 1 minute.

So i don't mind to setup the queue timeout to 20 minutes and max queued to
20-30 queries per pool.

I want to make sure no query will fail if it not exceeding the default
memory per node that i setup.

should i used only the default max memory per node alone? should i combined
it with the max running queries or with the memory limit of the whole pool?