Thank you very much for your quick answers!
The intention behind this is to improve the execution time and (primarily) to examine the impact of block-co-location (research project) for this particular query (simplified):

select A.x, B.y, A.z from tableA as A inner join tableB as B on A.id=B.id

The "real" query includes three joins and the data size is in pb-range. Therefore several nodes (5 in the test environment with less data) are used (without any load balancer).

Could you give me some hints what code changes are required and which files are affected? I don't know how to give Impala the information that it should only join the local data blocks on each node and then pass it to the "final" node which receives all intermediate results. I hope you can help me to get this working. That would be awesome!

Best regards
Philipp