Great thank you for your response!

I'd like to avoid editing the MetaFilter class if I can. Making it
injectable would be a great feature to have. Using the GroovyMetaMatcher is
not working for me. I need to call a class in my local repo, but the groovy
script is not able to resolve the class.

I am trying to access Jira though Rest to see if a bug for the scenario is
closed or open, and skip or run the scenario depending on that.