Hi Logan, the good news is that you mostly need not change your workflow
at all.  Blobstores generally do not support directories; instead they
emulate them using prefixes and delimiters.  Previously jclouds emulated
directory support to accommodate corner-case providers such as Atmos and
the filesystem, while most providers used these prefixes and delimiters
natively.  One of our contributers did a bunch of work to realign
jclouds with the blobstore reality.  What does this mean practically?
Likely very litter -- you can continue to create /blobs/like/this but
need not call createDirectory.  getBlob remains the same but in list()
you should use prefix and delimiter to limit queries to only the blobs
you have interest in.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/