Hi Stuart,

The options you're looking for are at
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#proxy_server

Note that, for whatever reason, Sun decided it was a good idea to separate
non-proxy hosts by a pipe character instead of a comma, so if you're
running on a non-Windows system, you'll need to surround the non-proxy
hosts list with single-quote characters (e.g. -N 'server1|server2'),
otherwise the shell is likely to interpret the pipe character as a shell
pipe.

Cheers,
Steve