Hi
it depends on what your intent is. In general a JMeter (HTTP) sampler will
wait for the response so it isnt asynchronous - However you can always use
something like a Java Sampler / JSR Sampler so that you can write java code
that can make the asynchronous request
Unless the asynchronous system that you are making the request too has a
way to let you know that its done , you cant capture the response time.

In some cases however people misunderstand the nature of what they are
trying to accomplish with what JMeter does and simpler solutions are
possible (e.g. AJAX requests that a browser may make are asynchronous from
the browsers perspective but not really from a HTTP perspective)

This has a pretty good description
https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-to-load-test-async-requests-with-jmeter

Since you havent provided details , its hard to say what might work for you

regards
deepak