Am 11.04.21 um 10:17 schrieb Oren Nudelman:
> Hi ,
>
> Thank you for the feedback.
> I need the queue id so I can later track the mail on our logs (in case of
> delivery problems).
In that case, I would go with the message-id header. Postfix will log it
and it is in the mail headers. Plus, it will be in the mails on the
destination server and can be seen in the clients.
> I am not sure if all smtp server return it on the response. Testing it via
> telnet with postfix I get it
>
> 220 <ommitted> ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)
> ehlo <ommitted>
> 250-<ommitted>
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-SIZE 10240000
> 250-VRFY
> 250-ETRN
> 250-STARTTLS
> 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
> 250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
> 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250 DSN
> mail from:<ommitted>
> 250 2.1.0 Ok
> rcpt to:<ommitted>
> 250 2.1.5 Ok
> data
> 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
> bla
> .
> 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as AE804D63A22

But according to RFC 5321 Section 4.2 the text part (which would be
2.0.0 Ok: queued as AE..) is optional (if I interpret it correctly). I
didn't find anything specifying a format for the Ok text message. It
seems to be not defined. Implementing a parser for that information
seems to be a tricky thing and I would not suggest doing it without more
information.

Felix