Hi,

We recently started using Weaving Hooks in our Project (running in
karaf-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) and ran into a Problem:

When deploying a bundle using the deploy-directory the bundle might get
installed before the weaving hook is active. This causes the bundle to
remain unweaved.

We described the weaving-hook as part of a feature in a features.xml and
added it to featuresBoot in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg. (We use
start-level 40 for it as start-levels lower than 30 caused issues with
aries because it obviously does not like bundle that are started before
itself.)

Now the Felix File installer is started with start-level 17, so it might
pick up the bundle in the deploy-folder way before Karaf loads the
feature-core that would install the feature of the weaver.
My question is, does it even make sense to start the file installer
earlier than the features-core-bundle?
As far as I can tell it would make more sense to start the Feature-core
before the file-installer, or does that cause other problems?

WDYT?

kind regards,
christoph