As an addition, you can always use Spring beans with Aries-bp, as you would
do with any other bp bean.

The only thing you cannot do without spring-dm/gemini is the use of Spring
namespaces/annotations.
I'm pretty sure it's relatively easy to bridge annotation support
configuring the right Spring beans: I dropped my devs on it due to my
ignorance (5 years ago) on an OSGI-ready Spring classpath scanner
implementation.

Best regards,

--
Charlie Mordant