> As an addition, you can always use Spring beans with Aries-bp, as you
> would do with any other bp bean.

There are two big limitations in Aries that makes reusing spring beans
difficult:
  * FactoryBean are not supported
  * type based discovery is not supported

So for beans that are somewhat tied to any spring api, it's not necessarily
an easy task to migrate.

> The only thing you cannot do without spring-dm/gemini is the use of Spring
> namespaces/annotations.

Namespaces are supported by spring-dm/gemini afaik.