Hi Anders,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Anders Nawroth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I added two more examples to Neoclipse. They show how directed acyclic
> graphs are easy to model with Neo4j.

Cool, very nice to see the Neoclipse is starting to look usable. Now
we need to come up with a high-density solution for many nodes, as
Peter H stated.

> This article:
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/Modeling_DAGs_on_SQL_DBs.aspx
> show how such graphs can be handled in SQL databases. While this is a very
> bad fit for SQL, the proposed solution is more of a workaround, with bad
> data insert performance (while doing recursive searches) and high demands on
> disk space (every transitional path is stored separately).
Mmh, maybe we should put references to this into the Wiki and ping the
folks over there to your take, just for reference?

> With Neo4j there is no such performance hit on insertion, and to traverse
> the graph is trivial. Nothing new there, but nice to see how easy things get
> when you can work with the graphs directly. My example code is in the repos,
> you can take a look at it and critizise it! :-)

Will try to look at it, what do the others think?

> BTW, four students are working on visualizing blogosphere graphs using MS
> Silverlight:
> http://summer.twingly.com/
> It's based on Silverlights Deep Zoom feature.
Cool, would be perfect to be able to even use that one to show Node
spaces, maybe via some protocol or a REST API or so ...

/peter
--
GTalk: neubauer.peter
Skype peter.neubauer