Hi, Neil.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Neil Ellis <neil.el...@mangala.co.uk>wrote:

> Yeah I know, it was my bad :-) Would be nice to have a safety net on
> this class for when we do silly things, either synchronized or
> multiple access checks .... anyway thanks Tobias, loving Neo4J so far.

In this case, when we omit those checks for speed, I think it would be
better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. i.e. let some upper layer
catch the exception and rethrow a more descriptive one. The documentation
states (an it will state it more clearly i the next version) that the batch
insertion API is for single thread use. This is in a core part of Neo4j, and
adding checks or synchronization could be expensive. But I do agree that a
nicer exception would be desirable. We will have to consider the options for
how to achieve that.

In any case, thanks again for reporting this.

Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivars...@neotechnology.com>
Cellphone: +46 706 534857