Hi,

> The example I provided is in effect nothing but a couple of nested
> iterations, so nothing like a real traversal, but certainly
> comparable to the the java pipes or the Gremlin path expressions.
>
> I am working on a Scala based traverser, having higher order
> functions makes it possible to supply filter expressions to the
> traverser. The result of a traversal can then be used in a for
> comprehension to further navigate the results or to compose
> different traversals.

Can you talk about what the Scala-based traverser can express beyond
Gremlin? I ask this cause Gremlin provides Turing completeness in
function and path definitions. Thus it allows you to move through a
graph in an arbitrary manner----explicit adjacency, probability
distribution control, teleportations, path/function composition, etc.?
--- though Gremlin lacks i/o manipulations of a traverser (e.g. data
from a socket connection altering the traversal, file data, keyboard,
etc).

See http://markorodriguez.com/Lectures_files/cnls-gremlin-2010.pdf

Thanks,
Marko.