suryadev vasudev schrieb am 06.04.2010 um 23:26:35 (-0700)
[[Neo] Date effectiveness (Time Variance) implementation in Neo4J]:

> We are exploring Neo4J for a resource management application.

  [ straightforward requirements list without
    any discernible graph specifica snipped ]

> In Neo4J, we created Library, Book-Club, Publisher, Student and Books.
> We are finding it difficult to implement the time variance.

Oh, that ...

> The business requirements are:-
> 1. The book publisher can lease books till his end registering date
> 2. Publisher can specify lease start date and end date for each book
> 3. Do not lend beyond end leasing date
> 4. Do not lend beyond end membership date
> 5. Query Student-book relationships (What books were borrowed/
> reserved, who was the publisher, what was the book club) for a given
> date range
>
> How do we model the date in Neo4J?

Heretical counter-question:

Why model the date in Neo4J if any SQL database provides full-spectrum
date-time functionality?

--
Michael Ludwig