Thanks for the responses.
The team is going through Tobias recommendation. I want to share what
motivated us to leave traditional databases and think outside the box.
A previous attempt to implement in Relational database ended in implementing
a subset of the full business requirement. Many queries required joining 5-7
entities and filtering on dates. The queries were written using dynamic SQL
inside stored procedures. As data volume grew, real time queries in the
midst of online transactions responded slower and slower and reached a point
where users simply refused to use the application. Then many time variant
features were removed.
The listed advantages of graphical databases(high volume scaling, no-dba,
no-sql tuning, sub-second  response time) has motivated us to give it a try.
SDev