So, I've added that functionality now... so if you download the latest
distribution you should be able to do such indexing/queries (on
/index/fulltext-node/.....).

Remember to URI-encode your keys and values. So that even if you have a
complex query just encode it and you'd be fine. You example would be:

   GET /index/fulltext-node/mykey/ford~0.8%20AND%20car~0.2%20AND%20be*