I only want to access it via REST, but I don't want to publish (make
accessible) the Neo4J REST API, only my own REST calls (which implements
my business logic with neo4j storing my domain objects).

I will take a deeper look into the Neo4J Server and see if I can somehow
integrate my extensions into it.
---
balazs