Balazs,
Yes, this is possible via the RemoteGraphDB RMI connector. However, in
order to take one bite at a time, it is not included in the first
version of the server, mainly due ti limitations in the remote
component. This will be added in later versions. Ifnyou really want
it, you can always take the source code and work on it before anyone
else has time - a lot of the code is already in the neo4j server
component. Before enabling remote connections to embedded neo4j
instances as part of a release, we want to make sure things are tested
and have some more features...

If you try, let the community know how it goes, I can give you some pointers !

/Peter