Say I have two nodes,

{ "type": "person", "name": "Neo" }

Over time, I learn their locations. They both live in the same city. This
increases the chances that they're the same person. However, over time it turns
out that their ages differ, therefore it's far less likely that they are the
same Neo.

Is there anything inside of Neo4j that attempts to determine how close two
nodes are? E.g. to what extent their subtrees and properties match?
Additionally, can anyone suggest literature for algorithms for disambiguating
the two entities?

If I wanted to implement something that searches for similarities, that returns
a probability of a match, can I do this within the database or should I
implement it within the application?

--
Tim McNamara
@timClicks