As one of the legacy users of the in-graph Timeline index, I have concern over
the future of this "component".
Right now the in-graph Timeline index is part of the component neo4j-index,
which also contains the legacy Lucene index.
This component has a dependency on Lucene 3.0.1, while Neo4J 1.4 depends on
Lucene 3.10.
Of course it makes no sense to keep upgrading legacy code to newer versions of
Lucene.
As a result of that, applications depending on the in-graph Timeline are stuck
with Neo4J 1.3, without there actually being a good reason for that.
Last week I already wrote a message about this issue but did so over the
weekend, triggering little response. (see:
http://lists.neo4j.org/pipermail/user/2011-June/008935.html)
In a message early May, I suggested the creation of a component
Neo4J-collections, where all sorts of in-graph data structures can be grouped
together. (see: http://lists.neo4j.org/pipermail/user/2011-May/008461.html)
I hope my suggestion will somehow lead to a solution where the in-graph
Timeline index can become part of the standard Neo4J infrastructure.
Kind regards,
Niels Hoogeveen