Hi Jörg,
I understand your view. However, as there is no support for scopes in
OSGi, the reasonable approach would be to import ALL dependencies for
all Neo4j code. That would require quite substancial numbers of
bundles for e.g. the enterprise edition that pollute the Bundle Space
for the whole system.

Also, it seems every OSGi setup has its own granularity level. E.g.
some want to use their own Lucene bundle, some installations prefer
the Neo4j ones, some like JTA as its own bundle, etc etc. So for the
time being I thought a template default setup would be a good start,
as refactoring the Java Service Loader to be fully OSGi aware seems
very big to get to a stable state across all frameworks and systems.
The template is just one pom.xml at
https://github.com/neo4j/neo4j-osgi/blob/master/bundle/pom.xml and the
resulting "default" bundle could easily be published. Do you think
fine grained atomic bundles instead of a sueprbundle template that is
adaptable would be really generic?

Secondly, I think the request for an injection-based initialization
method for index providers sounds good. Could you add a lighthouse
ticket at
http://neo4jdb.lighthouseapp.com/projects/77609-neo4j-community/tickets
or add you requests to
http://neo4jdb.lighthouseapp.com/projects/77609/tickets/3-osgi-environments-not-starting-lucene