You can add Spring Data Graph to any existing Webapp as well. Just saying.
I don't think it is difficult to deploy that. Just add SDG to your domain layer.

Anyway, whatever approach you use for Object-Graph-Mapping against a remote
Server
you should be aware that the performance limitations of the REST API will
affect the very
fine grained Mapping Operations.

By default jo4neo only works with an embedded Neo4j database. We'll see how it
works out remotely.

Cheers

Michael